So today I opened up this drawing tool: http://www.pixelovely.com/gesture/figuredrawing.php and printed off this image. I used my watersoluble graphite pencils, the first image is dry and the second where I have added water. I can tell by the clumsiness of the execution how long it is since I have done this sort of thing arrrrh!! and I only had one suitable brush to hand to so the finish is not good.
Well anyway although I know this isn't very good, I feel I am certainly moving in the right direction, and I am happy that at long long last I am doing some consistent practice, which is the key thing for me!